[jsdl-wg] my view on execution user and group

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 06:13:43 CST 2005

Ali Anjomshoaa wrote:
> ...again, any other thoughts on this?

I think Karl's got the interpretation of the ExecutionUser and
ExecutionGroup elements right. I'd just add that I would expect most
JSDL instances to not specify these elements, with the identity to
execute the job as being either implicit within the submission security
context or present explicitly through SAML/XACML elements. Our
experience with UNICORE is that this functionality is only rarely useful
(but invaluable in those situations, of course, so the elements are
worth retaining).

Donal.