[jsdl-wg] jsdl:FileSystem

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Wed Mar 9 04:07:02 CST 2005

Folks,

while messing around with the schema, I just found a possible glitch:
Last week, we defined the new attribute "sid" in the element
jsdl:FileSystem. This attribute refers to a symbolic name for a
filesystem to be made available (mounted) to the environment of the
application.

This implies 2 issues:

a) If the mount point is site configurable (aka unknown to the JSDL
document creator) then it is useless to specify a jsdl:MountPoint
element. Therefore, jsdl:MountPoint should be optional, instead of
mandatory (as it is now)

b) We need to define the symbols that are allowed for this new
attribute. I propose the following list for a starter:
   "jsdl:HOME"  = The home directory of the jsdl:ExecutionUserID
   "jsdl:TMP"   = A directory for temporary file storage (for the time
of the execution)
   "jsdl:SPOOL" = A spool directory
   JSDL should allow creators to use their own symbols as long as they
are defined in a different namespace. The base set of symbols defined
in JSDL MUST be supported by all implementors.

Comments, ideas, rants? :-)

Cheers,
Michel