[jsdl-wg] Question on jsdl:HostName element

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 1 06:33:14 CST 2005

Michel

I can understand your reservations but an id is just a name. (And, in an
earlier version of the document, there used to be a filesystemname
element which I had intended to use for this case but it got deleted in
favour of the id. Anyway, never mind.)

To quickly comment then on the other options in the initial email.
a) is possible as the spec stands
b-1) ditto (and is one simple usage pattern)
b-2) doesn't quite look right to me since filesystemtype describes the
persistency semantics of the filesystem and presumably "home" is a
'normal' filesystem. But is one option I guess.
c) It feels like overkill. We got along so far without it and I don't
see why we should introduce it just to solve what looks to me like a
fairly minor issue.

Let's talk about it on the call later today.
Andreas