[jsdl-wg] Tracker status value proposal - take 2

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 19 07:57:24 CDT 2005

Ok, here's a slightly revised proposal for the status values. Again note that this is just for the *specification* tracker and not for the general 'Agenda/Topic' tracker.

At the moment the tracker artifact status values are the gridforge default:
	open, pending, closed.

These cannot be changed but new values can be defined. I propose to
augment them with the following values:
	resolved, fixed

"open", "pending", "resolved" and "fixed" would be of status class Open
"closed" of status class Closed

Status value definitions will be clearly documented on the tracker summary page.

A typical workflow would be
  open->pending->resolved->fixed->closed

(Michel's email gives a more detailed proposal for these transitions.)

The meaning of these values (for the typical path) would be as follows:

Open: the issue has been proposed by a member but not yet
	accepted by the WG.

Pending: the issue has been accepted and is still pending
	resolution by the WG. (Includes 'waiting response from
	author' mentioned by Donal.)

Resolved: The WG has decided and accepted a resolution, but the
	actions are still pending

Fixed: The editor has completed the proposed actions, but the
	actions are awaiting verification. Both the schema and spec
	may have to be revised in order to reach this state.

Closed: The issue has been resolved and is reflected in the
	 work products of the WG. The completion of the changes
	must be reported by the primary editor and verified by
	the secondary editor (or other WG member).

Issues that have been deferred or rejected also get closed with an appropriate comment. Issues that have been deferred are moved to the post-v1 tracker.

(After checking the tracker settings again, "deferred" or "rejected" should probably be 'resolution' values rather than status values. The resolution field exists but is not enabled at the moment. I propose we first try out the new status values. We can come back and enable the 'resolution' field if we decide we really need it.)

Andreas