hostname 0-n (was Re: [jsdl-wg] Issues for todays phone conference)

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 13 11:03:26 CDT 2005

I have a followup question on changing the hostname from 0-1 to 0-n. In
the spec we had said that hostname may refer to a single host or any
logical group of hosts. (And that logical group could be anything
understood by the system.)  The intention was to be able to do something
like
<Resource>
  <HostName> the-nine-muses </HostName>
  <ResourceCount> <exact>2.0<exact></ResourceCount>
</Resource>

And get back, for example, resources "thalia" and "urania".

Doesn't this cover already (most of) the use case mentioned below and is
there really a need to change the multiplicity of this element.

Andreas