[jsdl-wg] my view on execution user and group

darren at pulsipher.org darren at pulsipher.org
Thu Apr 7 21:57:19 CDT 2005

I think we need to have the concept of User and Group most definitely but
the question is where it needs to be. In the JSDL document it used to be
in there but it was removed because it had some element of security and
some where in favor of a more simplified standard.

So as a group we have decided to at this time leave the out the User and
Group as part of a User element and tie this specifically to the POSIX
application. If implementators want to pass credential information they
can use and extension mechanism to do that.

Darren