[jsdl-wg] Naming elements

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Thu Apr 7 05:02:19 CDT 2005

On Apr 07, Donal K. Fellows loaded a tape reading:
> As I understand it, Michel is not referring to a profile mechanism at
> all. Instead, the mechanism is a way of allowing a job to refer to
> externally provided resource, application and data-transfer
> descriptions. There is always to be a possible simple transform
> applyable to the document that removes such references and produces a
> "grounded" document by elements that are references with the elements
> that those references indicate.

I cannot resolve that with the points where he went into some detail
about the referer having "local elements with the same names" that
would "override" those in the referant document.

I do not object to the NCName attribute as it is rather benign and
straightforward, once we stop stumbling over discussion points like
namespaces and instance versus schema elements... but I would think
that the outcome of the GGF-13 decision to put Profiles out of scope
in an enclosing context for JSDL means we do not try to define
reference model and rewrite/merging semantics.  Such a thing belongs
in the specification for the enclosing context document(s).

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com