[jsdl-wg] Naming elements

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Thu Apr 7 04:46:34 CDT 2005

I think what I said before sounded too metaphysical.  I advocate a
pragmatic approach of practicing to only talk about concrete things:

  1. the JSDL Specification document, a human-consumed deliverable
     of the JSDL-WG

  2. the document types defined in (1)

  3. instance documents rooted by specific elements among (2)

It seems counterproductive and confusing to try to talk about a "JSDL
document" as some blessed thing that is not part of the normative
syntax of the specification.  Let's just take that extra few
key-presses to type "JobDefinition document" or whatever specific
element we are intending, and avoid lots of confusing discussions. :-)

karl

On Apr 07, Donal K. Fellows loaded a tape reading:

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com