[jsdl-wg] Port and xRSL

Michael Grønager Michael.Gronager at uni-c.dk
Sat Nov 27 08:54:54 CST 2004

Hi,

I searched the archive of the list for Port and for xRSL,
and found nothing, though I want to throw in my two cents:

1. Port
	In the Network section of a WSDL file I didn't found any
	way to request specific ports to be opened for incoming/outgoing/tcp/udp
	connections and if net is NAT'ed etc.
	I have quite often submitted jobs with need for specific ports and it
	would hence be nice to be able to specify this in stead of having the job
	fail.

2. xRSL
	As JSDL is based on Condor, RSL and others I just wanted to
	point to NorduGrids xRSL. It is (eXtended RSL) to it is mostly
	covered by RSL, however, there is some additions that I think could
	be usefull for JSDL:
	*	runtimeEnvironment: Specifies specific software requirements on the
cluster
		(like Gaussian, ATLAS and others.) It could though be added as an
		extention to JSDL.
	*	nodeAccess: inbound|outbound essentially a light version of the Port
		sepecified above.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Grønager, PhD