[jsdl-wg] Version 1.0 of the XSD Schema for JSDL

William Lee wwhl at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 09:56:40 CST 2004

I agreed that Qname type can be used, however, it's been a controversial
type to use throughout the history of XSD, because interpretation of a QName
value needs contextual information (the enclosing elements and their xmlns
declaration).

<jsdl:JobDefinition ...>
    <jsdl:CPUArchitecture>myns:sparc</jsdl:CPUArchitecture>
</jsdl:JobDefinition>

For the parser, it needs to resolve the "myns" namespace prefix from the
enclosing elements in order to deduce whether it's in the jsdl namespace or
others.

I'm easy both ways (token / qname), although I don't think going Qname makes
the definition any richer. I just want to point out the argument from an
implementers' point of view.

William

--- William Lee [Software Coordinator] @  London e-Science Centre -------