[jsdl-wg] Uploaded draft-ggf-jsdl-spec-0.6

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 1 05:30:15 CST 2004

I uploaded v0.6 of the spec.

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/draft-ggf-jsdl-spec/en
/11
or (shorter)
    http://tinyurl.com/3taa2/draft-ggf-jsdl-spec/en/11

I still have things to do but since I promised this revision by yesterday's
call and I'm already late I thought to upload it.

Could one of {Darren, Steve, Ali, Fred,...} get the pen from me and accept
my changes please? (I still have the pen unless you mail me.)

----------------------
* SUMMARY OF REVISIONS

- Accepted changes from F2F
- Inserted normative schema in the appendix (the gridforge version)
 https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/jsdl-wg/document/jsdl.xsd/en/2
- Deleted jsdl:any and replaced with xsd:any##other
        - Also deleted jsdl:any section
- Updated TOC (DON'T DO THIS WITH CHANGE TRACKING ON! You've been warned.)
- Changed "jsdl attribute" to "jsdl element" consistently (please check)
- Added notation usage text for attribute, element
- Added namespace prefix explanation and table (check)
- typos, formatting and other minor changes (uninteresting formatting
  changes may not show since I accepted many of them). In particular I
  formatted pseudo-schema entries as XML snippets.
- Contributions and acknowlegments update
- Name or type inconsistencies with the schema (where I noticed them)
- Added missing 'operator' to CPUTime
- FileName description revision to address Matt's comment. (emphasize
  that it FileName MUST be a relative path.)
- Fixed some legacy examples (e.g., units)
- Moved/merged things that appeared in two places or in the wrong
  place. In particular units and enumeration definitions.
- Modified and added Figures in the text. (These are TIFF; the
  editable figures in separate files on gridforge.)
- Changed ids to NCName in the document as well.
- Removed spurious ids from the pseudo schema.
- Added comments to keep some things that need resolution.
- Started an "OUT OF SCOPE" sub-section
- Added Security section

* Things to do (incomplete)

** The minutes say:
  - Agreed to "Description" as a general element to be inherited by
    all elements. Work in the schema.

  But I think this is not in the schema yet. I wrote the general
  section but we probably also need to change some other sections.

** Need to review the normative statements (MUST, etc)

** We should change JobDescription to something else since
   "Description" is usually defined in the text as "descriptive
   information".

** Add 'DontOverwrite' to creation flag enumeration. I think it's
   needed since this the CreationFlag MUST appear.

** Need to revisit 'id uniqueness' text and make sure it is correct. (Which
   ones are allowed to occur multiple times in profiles? All except the
   Profile one?)

** Too many sub-sub-sub-sub-sections:
  - I collapsed the hierarchy in a couple of places but avoided the
    many problem.

* Decide formatting of XML elements when used in text (my vote is for
  XML Snippet). Have a look at the DataStaging description. (One
  advantage is that spell checking doesn't apply to them then)

* Non-normative text revision

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.