[jsdl-wg] process count fields

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Tue Apr 19 10:09:48 CDT 2005

I wasn't sure if Chris was taking on sorting out the posix element, so
I wanted to add my memory regarding the process count fields because
they seem misleading in the minutes document from the call.

There are two mostly unrelated concepts:

  1) a process or task count for the job, which should use the
     range value type

  2) a posix limit "max user processes" that should have integer type
     and is a sibling to the other limits like stack size, VM size,
     file descriptors, etc.

it is probably a mistake to make these have names which look too
similar and incorrectly imply that they are very closely related...

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski
karlcz at univa.com