hostname 0-n (was Re: [jsdl-wg] Issues for todays phone conference)

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 19 00:24:15 CDT 2005

My concern here isn't so much that enumerating a set of hostnames and
choosing N of them isn't useful. It is rather that this is a case of an
implicit choice rule different from our default "satisfy all" rule.

In giving the example below, I was trying to suggest that we did support
part of the use case and could perhaps claim that the rest can be
satisfied when composing jsdl with some other operator language.

If the consensus is that having a small number of instances of this rule
(I can think of another place where we have a variant) is a good thing
then I might go along with it. But I feel it is clearer (though perhaps
inconvenient) not to have such exceptions.

Let's chat about this tonight (over Champagne as Ali suggested :-)

Andreas

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd