[jsdl-wg] Issues for All to Comment on

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 10:44:20 CDT 2005

The following issues (from the last telecon) need comment from multiple
people; please feel free to jump in with anything you want to say on
these topics.

  12) Mapping mountpoints to environment variables (see spec 5.5.12)
  16) Process topology section needs review
  32) POSIXApplication/Executable cardinality (=1 vs <=1)

On issue 32, my feeling is that having the Executable as optional is a
good thing since this permits the processing engine to derive the
executable name from the overall application name and version. I've
known the same application be installed with multiple different names
across multiple architectures within the same overall organization, some
of which are non-trivial to guess[*], so concealing that sort of stuff
from users is a distinctly good thing in my view. (Very few users want
to know, and sometimes there are details of the job running process
which we would prefer them not to see either.)

Does anyone strongly disagree on this point re cardinality?

Donal.
[* Both Gaussian and Amber are nasty, but in different ways. ]