[jsdl-wg] Issues for todays phone conference

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 12 06:44:00 CDT 2005

Folks,

here's a list of issues. It's huge in numbers, but most of it is (IMHO)
quite quickly fixable.

  1) Fig. 1 revision

  2) Fig. 2 revision

  3) Prefixes and namespaces (check and update)

  4) Namespace should be in the table (and update)

  5) Section 3 (spec doc) general revision and polishing up

  6) Update explanation for jsdl:other usage

  7) Possibly reformat ch. 4.2.1

  8) JSDL compliance levels
     How much of jsdl a system must support, not just process.
     Probably a topic for later.

  9) The statement "If not supported then the consuming system MUST
reject
     the document." needs a bit more explanation or re-write.

10) When/why did HostName change from 0-1 to 0-n? (reverted)

11) Filesystem name and type and filesystem reference in DataStaging

12) Mountpoint environment variable. Is the current approach ok, or
     should we provide a separate mechanism, e.g, a tag that if present
     provides the name of the environment variable in which the
     MountPoint value must be present.

13) Should FileSystemID be changed (back) to FileSystemName.

14) DRMAA use case for defining filenames. We have to at least be able
     to show an example of how to define and stage out an <Output> file.

15) CreationFlag. Was this made optional or not? Confirm and delete
     comment.

16) Process Topology needs review. In particular are the examples ok or
     not, are the definition correct and so on. Delete the yellow
     comments once that is done. Not sure if we should define the precise
     allocation behaviour or allow for that to be defined instead.

17) Section "Extending JSDL" needs an owner. I expect this section to be
     about 1 page long so should not be too much trouble.

18) Normative Extension is out of place

19) re-check terminology for process topology and delete comments

20) "Bytes (octets of bits)"

21) Memory limit incomplete text

22) pipe size limit incomplete text

23) Update of security considerations in line with latest decisions
     (when we actually reach firm decision)

24) Complete author information (see my entry as reference)

25) Update contributors and acknowledgements

26) Complete list of Normative references, e.g., CIM is still missing.

27) Glossary owner

28) Translation tables need to be added
     Proposal: Karl for Globus/GRAM,
               Chris for LSF,
               Saga-san for Naregi,
               ??? for Condor,
28a) Put the translation tables into a separate document?

29) Promised examples for the appendix
    (But maybe this should be split off into a Primer)

30) Make citations in text of document reference real cross-references.

31) Complete example sub-sections

---

For those that read until here: Is anything missing?

Cheers,
Michel