[jsdl-wg] Requirements and preferences on resources

Massimo Sgaravatto - INFN Padova massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it
Tue Apr 12 05:10:42 CDT 2005

Dear all

I have just recently joined  this mailing list, and so maybe the question
that I am going to raise have already been discussed: my apologies if this
is the case.

My question concerns the Resource element ...
It is not clear to me if/how it is possible to specify not only
requirements, but also preferences on resources, for example to allow a
smart brokering service to choose among multiple resources matching the
resource requirements.

If you are familiar with Condor, I am referring to something similar to
Requirements and Rank of Condor classads

Thanks

				Cheers, Massimo

              \\\|///
            \\ ~ ~ //
            (/ @ @ /)
   -------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------------
                              Massimo Sgaravatto
                              INFN Sezione di Padova
                              Via Marzolo, 8
                              35131 Padova - Italy
                              Tel: ++39 0498277047   Fax: ++39 0498277102
          oooO                E-mail: massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it
          (   )   Oooo        Home page: http://www.pd.infn.it/~sgaravat
                  (_/