[jsdl-wg] Tracker status values proposal

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 8 05:39:04 CDT 2005

On 8 Apr 2005, at 11:10, Donal K. Fellows wrote:

> Andreas Savva wrote:
>> [...]
>> Resolved: The WG has decided and accepted a resolution, but the
>> 	actions are still pending
>> Fixed: The editor has completed the proposed actions, but the
>> 	actions are awaiting verification.
>> Closed: The issue has been resolved and is reflected in the
>> 	 work products of the WG. The completion of the changes
>> 	must be reported by the primary editor and verified by
>> 	the secondary editor (or other WG member).
>
> It's not clear to me why you have these two with these meanings. It
> seems that in practice, tracker items don't get fixed or closed for
> ages, even when the issues themselves have been long resolved. :^)

THis is a matter of actually exploiting the possibilities Gridforge
offers to manage the project, isn't it? So, somebody has to follow-up
these trackers regularly, and they have to be on the agenda of the
phone conferences.
In fact, using this proposal turns the phone conferences into a more
formal "theater play" - which might benefit our productivity, I
suppose. :^)

>> Deferred: The WG has decided that the issue has some merit
>> 	but that it should not be addressed in the upcoming
>> 	revision of the spec.
>
> Could also do with "Rejected", with the meaning of "We are never going
> to do this". An example might be a suggestion that JSDL specifies job
> instance state, which I remember as being something that moved out of
> scope very rapidly early in the group's lifetime. :^)

I think "deferred" and "rejected" both have their "right to live" since
they have - to me - different meanings just as you wrote. So why not
have both?

Cheers,
Michel