[Isod-rg] permission request--Open Grid Forum

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Wed Aug 12 09:33:32 EDT 2015

Dear Ms. Montgomery,

Thank you for your message of 5 August, forwarded to me by the ISOD research group chair, as included for reference below.

With respect to your request for permission to use material in GFD.208 as part of an online program, we refer you to the copyright statement already included in the document, which already permits such use.

Basically, the statement allows derivative works with references that quote the copyright notice for any material taken directly from the document. Such references can be in an appendix or list of citations, and apply only to the material derived from the published Open Grid Forum document — that is, they do not apply to other portions of your own work. The citation should be applied to any material taken from the published OGF document.

Based on this, we believe you may use the material you request according to these conditions, and that no further permissions should be required.

Please let me know if this satisfies your request. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Alan Sill, Ph.D
President
Open Grid Forum

——— Original OGF copyright statement follows ———

Copyright (C) Open Grid Forum (2012). All Rights Reserved.

This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are included as references to the derived portions on all such copies and derivative works. The published OGF document from which such works are derived, however, may not be modified in any way, such as by removing the copyright notice or references to the OGF or other organizations, except as needed for the purpose of developing new or updated OGF documents in conformance with the procedures defined in the OGF Document Process, or as required to translate it into languages other than English. OGF, with the approval of its board, may remove this restriction for inclusion of OGF document content for the purpose of producing standards in cooperation with other international standards bodies.

The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by the GGF or its successors or assigns.

This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE OPEN GRID FORUM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.