[Isod-rg] ISOD-RG work items and deliverables - Call for contribution

Yuri Demchenko y.demchenko at uva.nl
Wed Jun 29 02:47:38 CDT 2011

Dear ISOD-RG members,

Although RG form of activity allows a lot of flexibility in selecting
research topics in the general RG framework, we still need to organise
our initial activity around deliverables defined in the charter.

Refer to the ISOD-RG webpage
http://www.gridforum.org/gf/group_info/view.php?group=ISOD-RG
and charter
http://www.ogf.org/gf/group_info/charter.php?review&group=isod-rg

We chartered to research the following topics

Deliverable 1: BCP/taxonomy in existing on-demand resources/services
provisioning systems and technologies

Deliverable 2: Use cases for On-demand Infrastructure Services provisioning

Deliverable 3: Requirements to On-demand Infrastructure Services
provisioning

With many discussion and ongoing activities among ISOD-RG members and
involved projects, recently it became clear that despite the fact that
ISOD-RG idea was originated from the Network Resources Provisioning (and
so-called Bandwidth On-Demand) systems, currently we accept that Clouds
are becoming a common way of provisioning infrastructure services on-demand.

So, next meeting we will have an opportunity to discuss this development
or shift.

Limiting this message just to general call for contribution, I will
propose more specific topics for discussion in separate threads.

Please send your expression of interest and any other suggestions what
you are interested to bring to our activity.

Regards,

Yuri Demchenko
Co-chair ISOD-RG

P.S. You can to ISOD-RG mailing list from this page
http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/isod-rg