[Isod-bof] Technical report on Cloud IaaS Architecture by SNE at UvA

Yuri Demchenko y.demchenko at uva.nl
Tue May 3 18:44:21 CDT 2011

Dear All,

This might be interesting for you to know that recently SNE group at UvA
has published a technical report on the Generic Architecture for Cloud
IaaS model, Release 1

http://staff.science.uva.nl/~demch/worksinprogress/sne2011-techreport-2011-03-clouds-iaas-architecture-release1.pdf

This is a result of our ongoing research on Cloud computing with
primarily focus on Cloud IaaS service model in the framework of a few
European and national projects, first of all, GN3 JRA3 Composable
Services, GEYSERS, and NOVI who are already contributing to ISOD-RG
activity.

The proposed architectural framework is primarily focused on Cloud IaaS
design and consists of the 3 major components:
* Composable Services Architecture (CSA) that intends to provide a
conceptual and methodological framework for developing dynamically
configurable virtualised infrastructure services;
* Infrastructure Services Modeling Framework (ISMF) that provides a
basis for the infrastructure resources virtualisation and management,
including description, discovery, modeling, composition and monitoring;
* Service Delivery Framework (SDF) that provides a basis for defining
the whole composable services life cycle management and supporting
infrastructure services.

At current stage we are interested in comparing our architecture against
other existing and being developed frameworks. In particular we already
established cooperation with the current NIST Cloud Computing Reference
Architecture development.

We will be happy also to contribute this research to ISOD-RG as a basis
for some discussions on defining infrastructure services, use cases,
provisioning models and related issues.

We will appreciate comments and contribution.

Regards,

Yuri Demchenko
System and Network Engineering Group
University of Amsterdam