[INFOD-WG] Output from getmetadata is not defined. - action 233

Dieter Gawlick dieter.gawlick at oracle.com
Wed Aug 22 18:01:57 CDT 2007

Steve,

here is a possible SQL analogy:

The registry is a table containing all documents of interest to INFOD.
The collection function allows us to define various /views/; e.g., the
view (or folder) of all documents conforming to the structure of the
subscriber entry - fn:collection ('$$infodSubscribers'). By applying the
selection (the where clause) we get exactly the subset of documents from
the sub-folder that we are looking for.

The return will deliver a part of all the documents that satisfy the
where clause; which part is returned is specified in the return clause
(the equivalent of the SELECT list).

Dieter