[INFOD-WG] FW: Emailing: saga_sd.pdf

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 09:04:26 CDT 2007

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pascal Kleijer [mailto:k-pasukaru at ap.jp.nec.com]
> Sent: 18 July 2007 06:00
> To: Fisher, SM (Steve)
> Cc: sjha at cct.lsu.edu; kielmann at cs.vu.nl; Andre Merzky
> Subject: Re: FW: Emailing: saga_sd.pdf
>
> Dear Steve,
>
> I agree that the ML bug is annoying.

Is anybody able to fix it. It is an official OGF mailing list so someone
should be responsible for it.

> To come back to your
> document, it
> is good to see that it now looks like a full extension of
> SAGA even the
> document L&F :)

Thanks

> Most attributes of the descriptor are mandatory. And if a ''
> is return
> then we have an error. I didn't cross-check the attribute
> interface of
> SAGA API, but it might be possible to handle exception with the
> getAttribute() method of the descriptor. In that case if the
> string is
> null or empty it fires an exception (OO languages only). Then
> you could
> add an extra exception in the list of each attribute that are
> mandatory.

The attribute interface does have an exception "DoesNotExist". However
my problem is that the main spec says in section 3.5.3 (in the version I
printed) that non-optional attributes must have a default value. In this
case I would like to say that the parameters are read only, non-optional
and that if they are not present an exception will be thrown. However
this does not appear to be possible.

> Also the get_url() could get an extra exception listed when
> the service
> descriptor is improperly defined, i.e. url is empty or null.

That sounds - I will add "DoesNotExist"

Steve