[INFOD-WG] INFOD Implementation design - initial draft

Stephen Davey sdavey at nesc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 08:44:07 CDT 2006

Hi Vijay & Ronny,

Attached are my initial thoughts on the INFOD Implementation design.

These notes just consider the Functional Design, i.e. how to possibly
break up the implementation into a set of manageable parts.

I think that there are should be 3 main parts/processes needed in an
INFOD implementation:

1.	The "mechanical" process of adding resources to the INFOD
Registry.
2.	A testing environment for sending data from publishers to
consumers.
3.	The creation of the subscription processing component in the
INFOD Registry.

Fuller details and some pictures(!!) are in the Word doc.

Cheers, Stephen.

Stephen Davey,

NextGRID Software Architect

National e-Science Centre,