[infod-wg] Property vocabularies: Naming and references

Dieter Gawlick dieter.gawlick at oracle.com
Mon May 8 14:03:53 CDT 2006

While working on GetMetaData, I came across the following issues:

    * We need a naming convention for vocabularies - the vocabularies
      and fields within vocabularies? We should reserve certain names
      for INFOD; e.g.; everything starting with wsinfod is reserved,
      software vendors can use any name, which starts with/includes $
      vendor name/$vendor stock symbol - tor extensibility; everything
      else is open. This mimics the JMS model. Is there a convention in
      OGSA - this is a question especially to Susan?
    * We should be able to reference (instances of) property
      vocabularies (0 to n). Here is an example: let us assume there is
      a vocabulary for individual car dealers and one for car dealers in
      each state or region. Obviously, one would like to reference the
      region vocabulary from the individual dealer. While we could leave
      this as an exercise of the user, I would prefer to add the reference.

Dieter