[infod-wg] Goals

Steve Fisher S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 10:28:26 CST 2006

Dieter,

I would like to propose the following goals for the base spec where
each item is *very* simple

1) Filters, which restrict the flow of messages from publishers to
consumers, must be composable.

2) Publishers should be able to describe their available messages in
terms of a vocabulary

3) Subscribers must be able to filter messages based on message content and
publisher information.

4) Publishers must be able to filter messages based on consumer information.

5) Consumers must be able to filter messages based on message content,
publisher information and subscriber information.

Have I missed anything?

I am on +44 1235 445493 for the next half hour

Steve