[infod-wg] Publishing the document

Norman Paton norm at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 07:12:56 CDT 2006

Just in case it helps...  The DAIS-WG specifications have recently
entered the recommendation process, all with more than three authors.
The rule in DAIS was that anyone who made a sustained contribution to a
specification became an author.  This tended to mean that authors made a
concrete contribution over a substantial period (i.e. you wouldn't be
made an author for contributing at a single GGF, but once you had made a
sustained contribution, this would continue to be recognised through
authorship even if your contribution was less towards the end).  Just to
give an opinion - any rule that involves a fixed number of authors is
silly, and any rule that involves a fixed number of authors that is only
periodically enforced is much worse than that!

Regards, Norman