[infod-wg] [Fwd: [infod-wg | Current Drafts] Cars Use Case]

Steve Fisher S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 09:36:53 CST 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 02:35:28PM -0700, Dieter Gawlick wrote:
> All, please review the document.
>
> This document will be integrated into the use case document ASAP.
>
> Have a great weekend.
>
> Dieter

A few comments - sorry for the long delay in looking at this.

- I was surprised to see this checked in to gridforge as a
document. I guess we can leave it here until such time as it is
incorporated into the big document.

- You scenario descriptions contain "ifs" and alternative scenarios. As
  far as possible this should be avoided. It should be a description
  of one chain of events.

- I detest MSWord - however if we are going to use it then it is
  essential that it is used properly. Blank lines have been inserted
  in the cars use case and the paragraph style of the first few paras
  is "normal" rather than "body text" as in the template. The "body
  text" style found in the template already includes paragraph
  spacing. I think it is important to be strict now rather than have a
  tedious task editing later.

- 1.1 sentence 1 - needs a better word than connect to

- 1.1 para 2 - would a car dealer really refuse to sell a car to
  someone who lives far away. I presuse you mean that car dealers prefer
  to target local users in their advertising

- 1.2 The diagram is not the UML diagram defined in the template. The
  diagram must show how the actors communicate with the system. I
  don't think it useful to comment on the text until we have a
  meaningful diagram

  Figure 2 - EPR is of publisher and the rest is about the dealer. In a
  sense the dealer is the publisher. Is this true? Figure 4 has the
  (EPR) of dealer.

- 1.3.1 You explain all about the vocaulary - but who does what - this
  is supposed to be a description of a scenario!

- Fig 9 e-mail and credit rating have odd values! and how i the
  interest field interpreted?

- 1.3.3 last para, "de" -> "to"

- 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 the titles are inadequate from a user perpective

Steve