[infod-wg] documents on gridforge

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Mon Mar 21 15:35:46 CST 2005

People have been uploading GGF13 docs - thank you. Dieter & I just added a
couple, too.

We've had some confusion/consternation/discussion in the past about docs that
appear in both "Current Documents" and "Current Drafts". Here's a concrete
proposal for how to use these:

Current Documents gets PDF versions of our working documents as we get to a
comfortable freeze point. For example, our GGF13 version of the interface spec
and use cases should have been posted there (but they weren't).

Current Drafts gets editable-format versions of our working documents, with
member access (rather than public access). We use the Gridforge
lock/checkin/access mechanisms for passing "the token" around, rather than
exchanging huge documents via email. At the moment, there are many documents
there that are historical in nature, and in particular past versions of the main
INFOD document. I'm going to try to lock those or make them disappear so we
don't work on them further - they have been rolled up into GGF docs already, so
are no longer of any interest except possibly historical.

Dieter would like to start using the tracker functions. To that end, I'm going
to generate some trackers for the items of "homework" that resulted from the
Seoul F2F.

Comments welcome...