[infod-wg] minutes INFOD call on Feb 24 2005

Cecile Madsen madsen at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 24 11:59:31 CST 2005

Attendees: Abdeslem Djaoui, Vijay Dialani, Susan Malaika, Dieter Gawlick,
Chris Kantarjiev, Cecile Madsen

Minutes:

* security and identity management:
      * security document sent by Vijay to Dieter - to be also sent to the
group - defines
         secure context for INFOD objects to interact with each other
      * what are the options for INFOD for security model based on existing
INFOD model
      * and existing standards
      * INFOD's scope doesn't include security per se but will need to
refer to it -
      * mention of SAML OASIS model and Liberty Gp model

* uml profiles:
      * Chris looking at how to use these profiles for the INFOD interfaces
      * will be used to both debug the interfaces and generate the
appropriate wsdl and xml
      * Vijay to work with him

* vocabulary:
      * what model for INFOD to use
      * OGSA looking at SIM model but not clear will use it
      * issue with ontology and semantics: schemas may be a materialization
of a
        vocabulary but we may also need to define semantics for our
vocabulary
      * mention of Pedro project from University of Manchester - link to be
sent to the group

* to-dos:
      * everyone has sections assigned to for GGF13 documents, either specs
or use-cases
      * specs are stable, so changes consist of adding missing sections and
cleaning or
         clarifying other sections; and building use cases more tightly
with specs
      * updates to be sent prior to the next call, where the group will
review them

* next call: 9AM Thursday March 3rd

INFOD group