[infod-wg] infod interfaces 1.3

Steve Fisher S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 04:21:10 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 06:19:44PM -0800, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> Behold the fruits of this week's furious editing...

You may choose to ignore these comments for now, but if you have
time to consider them this would be good:

Status of this memo: remove mention of "Grid Data access and Grid data
replication" as it is nothing to do with document status and it limits
our document

Abstract: Don't attempt to define a data grid. Remove mention of Grid
Data Distribution. Use Case should be capitalised to distinguish it as
a specific term.

Page 4, para 3: "can alert subscribers". I think the alert should go
to the consumer and not the subscriber. If you really want it to go to
the subscriber (not also a consumer) then it needs some interface to
receive the notification

Page 4, para 4: "a publication specifies..." the first part is fine
but then you say it "makes available". I don't think a publication
should *do* anything. The definition of consumption is not very clear
to me - it is also a very strange use of the word as consumption is
normally the act of consuming.

Page 5, para 2: we need references or brief explanation of vocabulary,
identity management and principal as they all have a meaning which is
peculiar to their context.

Page 5, para 3: capitalise Use Cases

This is unfortunately as far as I have read carefully - I will send
more later either before or after the doc is "published".

Note also that Abdeslem's email does not appear in the page footer and
that our address is:

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Chilton
Didcot
Oxon
OX11 0QX
UK

My phone is: +44 1235 445493
Abdeslem is: +44 1235 445481

Finally please remember to put the +1 in front of the US/Canadian
phone numbers.

Steve