[infod-wg] another simplistic diagram

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Tue Feb 15 18:34:42 CST 2005

During a whiteboard discussion today, I drew this:

	event -> message -> filter -> recipient

Note that it carefully avoids almost all of the specialized terms used by WSN or
INFOD or generalized pub-sub systems - it is, instead, a good way to introduce
the overall functionality that we (and WSN) are trying to provide.

It's an interesting place to start trying to hang the pieces of our (or WSN's)
model - we managed to puzzle out a question about where delivery rules really
should live (subscription, not consumption).

It might be another piece of introductory material for use in the introduction
of a document or presentation, similar to the magazine publishing examples. We
really need a "gentle introduction" for someone who's coming to this newly.

Just for your consideration...

chris