[infod-wg] specs, xml messages and the appendix

Cecile Madsen madsen at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 20 14:28:01 CST 2005

Dear infoders (doesn't sound too good ... ?!),

The table below wraps up the xml pieces that are needed in section 3
of specs and what we have in our Appendix; there are holes/inconsistencies.

Any takers for row 3 or to help out with row 4 ?

Chris, you may have had to make some assumptions about this. If you have
quick
answer for me, send me a note. Else, I'll dig into what you have done.

Cecile

|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| XML description | Appendix section| Section 3       | Notes           |
|for following    |                 |sub-sections that|                 |
| messages:       |                 | rely on the     | Status of       |
|                 |                 |Appendix         |Appendix, Specs  |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 1.  consume     | 6.1             | 3.9.1           | exact match     |
|message          |                 |                 |between 6.1 and  |
|                 |                 |                 |2.9.1 in         |
|                 |                 |                 | specs (post     |
|                 |                 |                 |12/9)            |
|                 |                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 |                 | Appendix:       |
|                 |                 |                 |pseudo-xml.      |
|                 |                 |                 | Subsections:    |
|                 |                 |                 |pseudo-xml.      |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 2.              | 6.2             | 3.2.*, 3.3.*,   | appendix has xml|
|create/alter/drop|                 |3.4.*, 3.5.*     |of a generic     |
|infod entity     |                 |                 |entity           |
|      message    |                 |  where * is 1,  |                 |
|                 |                 |2, 3.            | Each sub-section|
|     infod entity|                 |                 |should only      |
|one of:          |                 |                 | include xml     |
|     publisher,  |                 |                 |sections for what|
|subscriber,      |                 |                 |it               |
|consumer         |                 |                 | needs; they     |
|     or          |                 |                 |differ enough to |
|subscription     |                 |                 |justify          |
|                 |                 |                 | each subsection |
|                 |                 |                 |having its own   |
|                 |                 |                 | xml, which will |
|                 |                 |                 |be a subset of   |
|                 |                 |                 |what             |
|                 |                 |                 | is in appendix  |
|                 |                 |                 |6.2              |
|                 |                 |                 |                 |
|                 |                 |                 | Appendix: xml   |
|                 |                 |                 | Subsections:    |
|                 |                 |                 |working on it    |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 3.              | 6.3             | 3.6.*           | appendix should |
|registerVocabular|                 |                 |include xml      |
|y,               |                 | where * is 1, 2,| structure for   |
|                 |                 |3                |generic          |
|addVersionToVocab|                 |                 |vocabulary       |
|ulary,           |                 |                 | object in infod;|
|                 |                 |                 |then the         |
|createVocabularyI|                 |                 |appropriate      |
|nstance,         |                 |                 | subsections     |
|                 |                 |                 |should rely on   |
|alterVocabularyIn|                 |                 |that             |
|stance           |                 |                 | structure for   |
|     message     |                 |                 |defining their   |
|                 |                 |                 | messages        |
|     (that last  |                 |                 |                 |
|one is not yet in|                 |                 | Appendix: not   |
|specs,           |                 |                 |started          |
|      but        |                 |                 | Subsections: not|
|probably should) |                 |                 |started          |
|                 |                 |                 |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 4.              | 6.4             | 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 | appendix has xml|
|AssociateEntity, |                 |                 |for generic      |
|                 |                 |                 | association     |
|AssociateVocabula|                 |                 |object.          |
|ry               |                 |                 |                 |
|      message    |                 |                 | 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 |
|                 |                 |                 |should rely on   |
|                 |                 |                 |that             |
|                 |                 |                 | structure for   |
|                 |                 |                 |defining their   |
|                 |                 |                 |messages         |
|                 |                 |                 | Appendix: xml   |
|                 |                 |                 | Subsections: not|
|                 |                 |                 |started          |