[infod-wg] Comments on spec

Chris Kantarjiev chris.kantarjiev at oracle.com
Fri Dec 2 17:05:10 CST 2005

I started my review by drawing UML for the interfaces. That's uploaded (into the
same file as the car dealer sequence diagram I mentioned yesterday) with a
partially populated object model that mostly matches the current spec.

I'll have more specific comments in the next few days, but I'll remark overall
that the spec is very inconsistent in terms of naming conventions,
capitalization conventions, and references between sections 2 and 3. In
particular, since we're defining a wsinfod namespace, why do so many things
still begin their names with infod?

The whole object/entity/message/interface distinction space is *very* clouded in
the spec. Trying to draw this up makes that painfully clear. I'm not very good
with UML; I'd be tickled if someone would look at what I've done, even at this
early stage - I'll continue to work on it.

chris