[HASS-RG] Hass at OGF 23

Tobias Blanke tobias.blanke at kcl.ac.uk
Sat May 3 03:32:52 CDT 2008

Dear HASS-CG members et al.,

You might have seen that the programme for OGF 23 is out:
http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?event_id=10

The HASS community meets on the Thursday of the conference (June 5th, at
2pm): http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1216

The programme is still:
Title: 'Mapping HASS - e-Research for Humanities, Arts and Social Science'
- Introduction to the Community Group concept: How can we identify,
engage and expand the community?
- What has e-Research/Grid brought to Arts&Humanities and Social
Sciences? Case studies.
- What can Arts&Humanities and Social Sciences contribute to the
e-Science/Grid agenda?
  - Repositories/Digital Library
  - Social Shaping
- Working towards a charter

For the case studies and Digital Library/Repositories parts, we will
have two presentations from Adil Hasan on the EU SHAMAN project (digital
repositories for humanities data) and from Peter Gietz on 'eHumanities
and Shifting Asymmetries in Cultural Flows - an Ontology for cultural
concepts'. If anybody else would like to present, please write to me so
I can update websites ...

Due to the high costs of a full registration for OGF, I will only be
coming for the Thursday, but Mark Hedges and myself will be arriving on
Wednesday in case anybody wants to meet for dinner. Recommendations for
restaurants in  Barcelona would be highly appreciated

Best,
Tobias

P.S.:
Allison, Alex, Stuart and myself had a very good meeting yesterday where
we discussed some ideas for the future of HASS. We will update you in
Barcelona.

--
Dr Tobias Blanke
Research Fellow