[GSM-WG] TMetaDataPathDetail and SpaceToken

Riccardo Zappi riccardo.zappi at cnaf.infn.it
Fri Jan 11 14:39:16 CST 2008

Dear all,
I've a question about TMetaDataPathDetail data type. I observe the
optional field 'arrayOfSpaceTokens' is defined as an array of String.

TMetaDataPathDetail is used as an output parameter in srmLs, and in
particular when used with 'fullDetailedList=true', the field
arrayOfSpaceTokens could be not null.

I don't be able to find a scenario where two (or more) space tokens can
be assigned to the same SURL, and mostly which is the meaning.

Only 'srmPrepareToPut' is able to create a SURL with a space token (one
and only). The function 'srmChangeSpaceForFile' makes possible to change
the space token affiliate to the SURL, but one and only remain I suppose.

What happen when I make 'srmPrepareToPut' to an existent SURL with
specified a target space token different (but with the same
TRetentionPolicyInfo) from space token already associated?
And what about space occupied in the two storage area?

It is my opinion contemplates two or more space token associated with
one SURL produce an unnecessary complexity. Have I misunderstand some
details?

Cheers,
Riccardo

Riccardo Zappi

Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - CNAF
Viale Berti Pichat, 6/2,  40127 BOLOGNA - ITALY
Phone:  +39-051-609-2868                Fax:    +39-051-609-2746
e-mail: riccardo.zappi at cnaf.infn.it