[GSA-RG] [Scheduling requirements] Responsibilities

Philipp philipp.wieder at udo.edu
Sun Feb 24 15:49:27 CST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your contribution.

@All:
Alexander and I are currently working on the document and will send out
today a new version to be discussed during the session. Some issues
which seem to make sense to us:
- Base the requirements document with the simple HPC job scheduling use
case. This is actually "run a job in an BES container" plus scheduling
plus monitoring plus X. This can be well aligned with the interop.
scenario of GRAAP, which adds reservation to that.
- For a next version we would like to have the "complex workflow
scheduling" use case added.

Wrt to the HPC scheduling use case we start writing down the processes
and align the document, but there are still questions open for the
discussion at the GSA session:
- What do we take as the interface to the job manager (the one for the
user to submit jobs)?
- Do we stay with the OGSA EMS scenario wrt to submission, execution
planning, candidate set generation, etc.?
- Do we consider stage in/out?

Just to start the list for Thursday.

Adios, Philipp.