[GSA-RG] Next GSA telecon: Wednesday, 4 oct, 2006, 15:00 CEST (13:00 UTC)

Philipp Wieder ph.wieder at fz-juelich.de
Thu Sep 28 05:36:50 CDT 2006

Dear All,

the results of the Meet-O-Matic survey indicate clearly that the day of
choice is Wednesday, 4 Oct, 2006 in the afternoon. Therefore I propose
to have a telecon at 15:00 CEST (13:00 UTC, 14:00 BST).

Dial-in number is +49 (0)69 40359803, passcode 166120#.

Since Ariel will not make it, he sent some issues he would like to be
discussed:

1. requirements doc
  - status (again;) ),
  - how to finally complete it (maybe real deadline),
  - a procedure to review and agree on requirements (to avoid
    requirements provided from a point of view of a single person)?

2. definition of concrete tasks and outcomes related to our scheduler
interaction activity
   - design of scheduler interactions (sequence diagrams?); probably we
     can distinguish several scenarios depending on assumed environment,
     type of Grid etc.?
   - use-cases and requirements concerning agreement and negotiation
     protocols (input for the GRAAP group?)
   - requirements for scheduling attributes definition (input to JSDL?
     OGSA-RSS? GRAAP? or maybe even design of extension?)
   - definition of a real use-case: which schedulers (VIOLA, GRMS,
     others?), first ideas concerning scenario, what should be the exact
     outcome we want to demonstrate?
   - planned timelines (and maybe persons assigned to particular tasks?)

It looks like Ariel would really like to get things going :-), something
I definitely support. One comment with respect to the 2., bullet 1 and
4: I think that the foundation for work in this are has already been
laid in GFD.64, our use case document. There are categories of use cases
already existing.

Best regards, Philipp.