[gsa-rg] Meeting minutes: 19 Jan 2006 telecon

Philipp Wieder ph.wieder at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jan 19 10:10:40 CST 2006

Dear All,

here are the meeting minutes (and you may find them on GridForge, too).

Best regards, Philipp.

Grid Scheduling Architetcure Research Group
Telecon 19 Jan 2006

Participants:
-------------
Ariel Oleksiak
Nicola Tonellotto
Philipp Wieder
Ramin Yahyapour

Notes:
------
Philipp

Agenda:
-------
1) Use case document
2) Requirements document
3) GGF 16
4) AOB

Use case document
-----------------
- The document will be finalised before GGF 16. Philipp is
   currently proof-reading it.

Requirements document
---------------------
- History:
  + At GGF 15 the essential GSA functions have been agreed
    upon. This is already reflected by the document.
  + The progress in writing input for the different
    functions was somehow slow, one possible reason may
    be the missing common structure for all functions.
  + This resulted in the creation of a template (thanks Ariel):

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gsa-rg/document/GSA_Requirements_Template/en/1
  + In addition Ariel created an example (performance prediction):

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gsa-rg/document/requirements_examples/en/1

- Review of the template:
  + Rename "existing technologies" to "references" and
    increase the box size.
  + In general only one box per row, with some exceptions.
  + Re-name "actors" to "acting entities".
  + There is no pre-defined list of "actors", this seems
    to be necessary.
  + Do we need help with the "references" from other groups?
    A (Ramin): Not necessarily, we put in what we have. No
    claim to be exhaustive. The document review may
    result in more.
  + One sub-subsection per function in the document plus
    an introductionary text.
  + Add a short name for every requirement.

- We use the performance prediction exmaple for GGF 16.

[act, Ariel] Change the template.
[act, Ramin] Compile list of "acting entities".

GGF 16
------
- Concerning the agenda see the following email thread:
   http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/gsa-rg/2006/01/msg00015.html

[act, Philipp] Contact Thomas to finalise agenda.

AOB
---
- Ramin takes care of another top-level task group for
   daily group bizniz.

Next telecon