[gsa-rg] Use case document updated and pre GGF14 plans

Philipp Wieder ph.wieder at fz-juelich.de
Wed May 18 06:28:18 CDT 2005

Dear All,

please find the updated version (V1.2) of the Grid Scheduling
Architecture use case document at
https://forge.gridforum.org/docman2/ViewCategory.php?group_id=133&category_id=714

We plan to submit it to the GGF editorial team soon, therefore please
use the opportunity to read and comment on it. The following things have
to be done before submission:
- The existing use cases are quite difficult, we need to add something
like simple job submission.
- A new chapter with "Scheduling Profiles" is needed (NOTE: Are we
talking really about profiles in the sense of OGSA.?) A possible "Simple
job submission profile" would include an implementation example, the key
functions needed (only static info, simple cost function, ...).
- We have to agree on a submission date (to GGF editor).
- We have to check whether the document is compliant to the current GGF
document template.
The use case document editorial team has set an internal deadline for
these tasks (May 24, 2005), but comments etc. are welcome until
submission date.

With respect to the GSA Requirements document we identified the
following issues:
- The scheduling process has to be described.
- A gap analysis wrt to the needs of a scheduling system is needed. The
crucial issue is to involve enough people to get a broad overview.
- Integrate Nicola's contribution into the document (see
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gsa-rg/document/ProposedAddendumToRequDoc/en/1).
- NOTE: The deadline to submit working drafts for GGF14 is May 27, 2005,
which does not fit our roadmap for this document.
- NOTE: Please note that this contains only a description of services,
no specifications of interfaces, etc.

Best regards, Philipp.