[gridvirt-wg] OGF23 - RESERVOIR presentations

Wolfgang Reichert w_reichert at de.ibm.com
Thu May 1 13:54:27 CDT 2008

Hi all,
for OGF23 in Barcelona the RESERVOIR presentations are scheduled now:

Tuesday, June 3 3:45 pm - 5:15 pmRESERVOIR Project (90 mins)

The goal of the RESERVOIR project is to advance the competitiveness of the
EU economy by introducing a powerful ICT infrastructure for reliable and
effective delivery of services as utilities, in a manner analogous to
electricity and telephony. This infrastructure will support the setup and
deployment of services on demand, at competitive costs, across disparate
administrative domains, ensuring quality of service. In doing so,
RESERVOIR will lay a foundation for a service-based European online
economy, where services - which have become critical to our business
environment - will be transparently, scalable and flexibly provisioned and
managed for the benefit of businesses and citizens.

The prime deliverable of the project will be an architecture and a
reference implementation of a service-oriented infrastructure (SOI), which
? building on open standards and new technologies ? will provide a
dependable framework for delivering services as utilities. We will
demonstrate how this infrastructure supports the deployment and management
of complex service scenarios that are not otherwise supported by today?s
technology. We aim to achieve significant quantifiable improvements in
service delivery productivity, quality, availability and cost.

>From a scientific standpoint, our work will contribute to the
state-of-the-art by:
? Significantly advancing virtualisation and grid technologies and deeply
integrating them, thereby creating a basis for the next generation SOI,
where services and their associated resources are effectively delivered
?without boundaries? of geography and the underlying system configuration.

? Developing service management technology capable of exploiting the
strengths and addressing the challenges presented by our infrastructure.
For example, this will include monitoring service execution and resource
utilization, and triggering service relocation and resource reallocation
decisions as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements
across disparate domains.

Agenda:
1. Overview and General Architecture            (Benny Rochwerger, IBM -
20 min)
2. Service Management                           (Juan Caceres, Telefonica
- 20 min)
3. Virtual Execution Environments Management    (Ignacio Llorente, UCM -
20 min)
4. Virtual Infrastructure                               (Kenneth Nagin,
IBM - 20 min)
5. Questions and Open Discussion                        (10 min)

Room: Montjuic

Wolfgang Reichert
Senior Technical Staff Member
??? SAP on IBM Systems ???
Mail: w_reichert at de.ibm.com
IBM: +49-7031-162185 / Fax: -163545
SAP: +49-6227-764084
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter | Geschäftsführung: Herbert
Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen | Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294