[gridvirt-wg] Protocol: Open discussion on GridVirt-WG in OGF23

Bozak, Erol erol.bozak at sap.com
Wed Jul 16 09:56:27 CDT 2008

FYI...

________________________________

From: Bozak, Erol
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2008 13:51
To: 'lee at aero.org'; ftravostino at ebay.com; Hughes-Jones at man.ac.uk;
csmith at platform.com; werstiuk at platform.com; stokese at us.ibm.com
Cc: Reichert, Wolfgang (external); Wusthoff, Mark;
craig at mhbackup.aero.org
Subject: RE: Protocol: Open discussion on GridVirt-WG in OGF23

Hello Lee,

sounds interesting. The agenda for today is to agree on the work
packages on which we will focus on in the specification document.
So I think this will consume most of the time in the session.

I propose that we have a follow-up on this in the next call discussing
your proposal explicitly.

Let me give you a quick answer to your proposal:
One requirement of the interface(s) the working group is looking into is
dealing with policies (such as proposed below). In the course of this
work package I think we can explore this topic. However, I do not think
it is the main scope of this working group to define / specify the
architecture & algorithm to enforce this policy. Additionally, the
interaction among a virtualization manager and the sensors to measure
power consumption metrics is, I think, also not scope. Basically, policy
enforcement is a platform specific detail that is hidden by the
management layer and thus not explicitly exposed.

However, we can have a detailed discussion in a dedicated concall.

Regards, Erol