[GRIDRPC-WG] GridRPC document (Re: [wg-all] New documents published)

Eddy Caron Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
Tue Mar 22 23:33:34 CDT 2011

Dear all,

We have checked with Dan and indeed Greg didn't send the last document. I did it. Nevertheless the remark about the Persitent and Sticky still true.

From my point of view:

GRPC_Persitent means that the data is available in the platform. This data can move. Thus the middleware should manage this data as asked page 6 of the standard "The underlying data middleware is explicitly asked to handle the data" (I'm agree with that, I don't see another other way).

GRPC_STICKY means that the data is available and can not move ! I found nothing in the document that explains that the data must be handle by the user (and it's sound good for me). From my point of view GRPC_STICKY is handle by the user or by the middleware. It depends on the implementation.

I agree with Yves but somewhere, I am a little bit confuse if a data mode implies a behavior rule of the middleware usage. If I want to have a Sticky data somewhere but I don't care about where. I don't give the target of the data (the middleware will do it) or if I give both informations target and sticky mode then I manage myself the data. No ?

Eddy
Regards,

E-Mail : Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
[ Tel : 04.37.28.76.46 ][ Web page : http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron ]