[GRIDRPC-WG] OGF 28 Report

Yves Caniou yves.caniou at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Mar 25 21:52:07 CDT 2010

Dear All,

Thank you for the interesting discussions. Hélas, we hadn't enough time to
handle all the topics that we wanted to.

Here are a couple of things that we still have to discuss:
- What do we decide about the terminoloy and the use of "interoperable"
and "compliant"?
- Do we go toward an IDL-specification? (BTW, really useful?)
- Answer to the "To discuss" paragraph p. 11 of the document.
- And what do we plan about the document since it has finished RFC?

Furthermore, concerning the interoperability of implementations, I forgot to
add some information:
  One can think of the handle of the data to contain the DM ID, and thus,
  the DM with who we deal localy can use the corresponding DM implementation
  if available and if needed to get data.

Coming real next:
- I have updates the main document to correct some oups (still some to correct
in the talks).
- Eddy will update the OGF28 documents on the forge (for the moment, current
versions available in http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ycaniou/Research/GridRPC/)
- Eddy will send the document on the SAGA mailing-list (accordingly to a
starbuck-coffee-discussion with André)
- Hidemoto and I will be able to meet in Tokyo in the next weeks. We'll try to
put some information on the list at that moment.

Cheers.

.Yves.

--
Yves Caniou
Associate Professor at Université Lyon 1,