[GRIDRPC-WG] Final call for comments

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Feb 18 04:57:22 CST 2007

Hi Yusuke,

some comments:

  3.7.1   Notes for Results
  The error code, GRPC_NOT_INITIALIZED, is not defined in
  the error reporting functions, in Section 4.7 of GFD-R.52.
  When the functions are called before grpc_initialize() is
  called, however, some GridRPC implementations might return
  GRPC_NOT_INITIALIZED.

  -> is that something which should be fixed in the spec
  then?  I.e are the implementations which return
  GRPC_NOT_INITIALIZED here otherwise non-compliant?

  "The differences are not beyond of this kind of learning
  but understandable."

  -> I am not sure if that sentence makes sense.

  "In addition, three behaviors are not defined in the
  specification."

  ->  I think we discussed about taht in Chapel Hill.  I'd
  vote for writing:

  "In addition, three behaviors are intentionally left
  unspecified in the specification."

  That should make clear that this does not point to a
  failure in the interoperab. testing, but is the expected
  result.

A minor thing about layout: I alsways think that block
justified documents look much prettier than left justified
ones.  That may be my personal preference, and come from the
fact that block justified is the default in latex, whereas
left justified is the default in Word.  Anyway, wanted to
mention it... :-)

Otherwise the doc looks good to me.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Yusuke Tanimura] (Feb 18 2007):

--
"So much time, so little to do..."  -- Garfield