[gridrpc-wg] client code for testing interoperability

Eddy Caron Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Jul 13 10:13:34 CDT 2006

Dear Yusuke Tanimura,

	Please find the updated version of the document (Note: the rtf
version loose the automatic contents generation, then I added by hand
the section 1.3).

	To see which update we made please do "Find DIET" in the document ;-).

	I added three members. Abdelkader Amar (he do an important part of
the code), Frédéric Desprez (GRAAL manager, he helps in design
decision) and me.

	I'm in hollidays tomorrow and I will have no internet access during
15 days. If you have some questions during this time you can ask to
Abdelkader Amar (Abdelkader.Amar at ens-lyon.fr)

Best regards
Eddy
PS: Just for the fun, find the log result in log.gz file of
standard_test.c with DIET.

Le 12 juil. 06 à 11:18, Yusuke Tanimura a écrit :

> Hi, Eddy,
>
> Sorry, I forgot to attach the document.
>

>> 	Good news. With the help of Abdelkader Amar (Post-doc in GRAAL),
>> your client code for testing interoperability works fine (50
>> functions on 50 are done). We add this example into the next DIET
>> release (coming soon in september). How to proceed if you want to
>> check it before ? I can give to you an acces to a cluster with a pre-
>> installed version of DIET and thus you can check your client ? What
>> do you think ?
>
> That's great!
>
> As our next step, could you modify the attached document?
> The following items should be added, I think.
>   - Short introduction of DIET
>   - Notes for results of each test with DIET if you see something
> different
>   - Security considerations of DIET
>   - Author information (Eddy and Amar)
>   - Appropriate references for DIET
>   - Undefined behaviors if they apply to DIET
>
> Then the mailing list members can review the updated document.
>
> However, we need to mention the version numbers of each GridRPC
> implementation which all tests passed, in the interoperability
> document.  This is hard to ask but is it possible for you to advance
> your release schedule?
>
> Best regards,

> Yusuke Tanimura <yusuke.tanimura at aist.go.jp>
> Grid Technology Research Center, National Institute of AIST
> 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba Central 2
> Tsukuba City 305-8568, Japan
> TEL: +81-29-862-6703  / FAX: +81-29-862-6601
> <gridrpc-interoperability-0604-2.rtf>

Eddy Caron. Mcf ENS Lyon
ENS Lyon - LIP - Projet GRAAL
46 Allee d'Italie, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
E-Mail : Eddy.Caron at ens-lyon.fr
[ Tel : 04.72.72.84.96 ][ Web page : http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~ecaron ]