[gridrpc-wg] Meeting at GGF16

Hidemoto Nakada hide-nakada at aist.go.jp
Thu Feb 16 23:05:06 CST 2006

All,
We had a good F2F meeting at GGF16, Athens,

For those who came the meeting, thanks.
For those who could not make it, see you in Tokyo.

You can find all the materials shown at the meeting on the gridforge.
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/gridrpc-wg/

+  In summary we had three presentations,

   - data handle proposal from DIET team,
   - data handle implementation with Global file system from Ninf team
   - users experience by Rosa.

+  we also talked about collaborations with SAGA-RG.

  The GFSG (and our area director?) want to have API WGs under the
  SAGA-RG umbrella to have shared look and feel API set.

  Our options are

  - Recharter to have 'defining SAGA-style API' in the scope
    and do it. once the 'SAGA-style' is established, it will
    not that difficult since the concept is really similar to
    the one we already have.

  - Just give some advice them and go our own way.

  If you have opinion,  please state on the list.

+ Our area director want to have our end-user API as a
  'real' recommendation (may be as a guinea pig :) ).
  For that, we have to write some more documents.

Thanks

- hidemoto