[gridrpc-wg] workshop at GGF17

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Apr 27 10:51:06 CDT 2006

Hi GridRPC folx,

I am not sure if you are aware of this (apart from Craig
that is ;-), but the standards application area is
organizing a workshop at GGF17:

  http://www.ggf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=287&tentative
  http://www.ggf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=325&tentative

The first session is 'API to APPS', and we intend to present
the GGF API efforts (DRMAA, GridRPC, SAGA) to application
folx.

The second session is 'APPS to API', and is supposed to
gather application requirements etc. for future work of the
apps area.

We would very much appreciate if someone from the GridRPC
group could contribute a 20 minute presentation about the
current status of the API, its implementation, usage, and
outlook for further work.  As the target group is the
application community, high level information is most
appropriate I think (howeverm it is GGF, and technical
folx will be present and intersted I think).

Would it be possible for the RPC group to come up with a
presentation along these lines?

Many thanks,

  Andre & Co.

--
"So much time, so little to do..."  -- Garfield