[gridrel-rg] Results of Second Workshop on Reliability and Robustness in Grid Computing Systems

Christopher Dabrowski christopher.dabrowski at nist.gov
Mon Feb 12 08:48:31 CST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Here is a brief report on the Second Workshop on Reliability and Robustness
in Grid Computing
Systems, held in Chapel Hill, USA on January 31.

We had 5 presentations, about 40 attendees, which resulted in some
interesting points raised during
the workshop. The presentations are posted at
http://xw2k.sdct.nist.gov/chrisd/index.html.
Thanks to all attendees and participants!

As a result of the workshop, it seems reasonable to proceed with the GGF
Informational Document
that summarizes current research and practices on grid reliability,
identifies critical issues in Grid
reliability, and lists preliminary requirements for grid reliability and
robustness.  I will be proceeding with
the production of the document and will provide draft copies for review to
the research group and others
who are interested (if anyone would like to help with this process and/or
make contributions, please
let me know).  The research group would be a "holding" organization where
the document could reviewed
and evolved. The status and timetable for this document are summarized in
the presentation I gave (which
is posted).

Please let me  know if you have problems getting to the web
page.  Comments, questions, etc. are welcome.

Sincerely,

Chris

Christopher Dabrowski
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970