[GRIDCPR-WG] CPR documents...

Nathan Stone stone at psc.edu
Thu Mar 15 13:24:44 CST 2007

Hi Andre, et al.

	What was the reason for stripping out all of the transaction labels in
Figure 1?  The text still refers to them heavily, but with lots of
"FIXME"s.  I fail to see the logic in removing all the visual content
and then asking someone else to "FIX" the verbal content.

	Should we not put the visual labels /back/ into the figure?

Please advise,
	Nathan.

Andre Merzky wrote:
>           Sorry for crossposting.
>     Followups should go to the GridCPR list only.
>
> Hi all,
>
> the GridCPR WG had two documents in the GGF/OGF document
> pipeline (informational).  Both are stuck in the pipeline,
> after already passing public comment, mostly for the reason
> that people left the CPR WG, and nobody addressed the
> comments, and finalized the documents.
>
> As the SAGA RG/WG use the documents to motivate the CPR API
> package in SAGA, some people felt motivated to pick up the
> CPR docs, and push them through the last stages of the
> pipeline.
>
> Now, for that purpose we re-created the documents, put them
> into the SAGA CVS, and started to address the public
> comments.  However, as the documents are somewhat old by
> now, it seems appropriate to reconsider a number of elements
> in respect to new developments in OGF (e.g. data manegement
> and security can be more explicetly marked as external, as
> can the API).
>
> We would appreciate if people from both groups could read
> the documents once more, and provide in-group feedback.  In
> particular the architecture document would benefit from
> that.
>
> The documents are attached.  Please let us know if you want
> write access to CVS directly.  The URLs for the public
> comments are:
>
>   http://forge.ogf.org/short/EDITOR/doc-cpr-uc
>   http://forge.ogf.org/short/EDITOR/doc-cpr-arch
>
> Cheers, Andre.

  | Nathan T.B. Stone, Ph.D.    | Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center |
  | Advanced Systems Group      | 300 S. Craig St.                 |