[grid-announce] Important GGF news

Linesch, Mark mark.linesch at hp.com
Fri Nov 11 18:38:21 CST 2005

Dear GGF members,

I wanted to take a moment and tell you about some important news
regarding GGF and our liaison with the Enterprise Grid Alliance (EGA).
Don Deutsch, President of EGA will be sending out a similar message to
EGA members.

Over the past year EGA and GGF have discussed leveraging the strengths
of both organizations to deliver greater value to the growing grid
community.  Today we are announcing that the leadership of the GGF and
the EGA Board of Directors have both agreed to explore the possibilities
of an expanded collaboration.

Teams from both organizations will meet together over the next several
weeks to develop a detailed framework for extending the current
collaboration while retaining the principles on which both organizations
are based.  The results from these discussions are not predetermined;
both organizations are open to a wide range of outcomes, up to and
including merger.

We remain committed to advancing the standardization and adoption of
grid technologies across all market segments, and to delivering greater
value to our respective members.

GGF is interested in your comments and in any further questions you
might have. Additional information is contained at the following URL:
http://www.ggf.org/Announcement/ggf_announce.php You can also send an
email to me directly at linesch at ggf.org

Thanks for your continued support and hard work on behalf of GGF and our
mission.

All the best,

Mark Linesch
Chair, Global Grid Forum